We’ve gotten, literally, dozens of emails in the last week from fans asking what this new ‘Spartan’ suit is all about. They want to know about price, sizing, colours, ordering, etc.
Well, we’ve got an FAQ all prepped for when our website goes live, but we think now might be a good time to get some of these out of the way. So without further ado…
1. What exactly is the Hoplite Training Armour™?
The Hoplite Training Armour™ is Multi-Purpose Combat Training Equipment. It’s a bio-technologically engineered, lightweight, full-body padded suit designed to be used during force-on-force encounters, scenario-replication drills and traditional martial arts training. Here are some examples of how and where the gear can be used:
Martial Arts: Grappling, Ground-Fighting, Scenario-Replication Drills, Stick-Fighting, MMA, Submission Training & Self-Defense Drills
Law Enforcement: Control & Arrest, Weapon Training (Baton, OC Spray), Use of Force Training & Vehicle Extraction Drills
Military: Room Clearing, Prisoner Handling, Vehicle Commandeering, Breach & Clear Drills, Check Point Scenarios & Force On Force Drills
The name says it all. Multi-Purpose. No other suit on the market allows you the versatility to create and execute such a wide array of drills and scenarios without compromising protection and mobility.
2. How many components make make up the Hoplite Training Armour™?
The complete suit is comprised of seven components. They are as follows:
- Hoplite Helmet
- Hoplite Collar
- Hoplite Vest
- Hoplite Elbow/Forearm
- Hoplite Gloves
- Hoplite Pant
- Hoplite Shin/Knee
3. Can I buy the Hoplite Training Armour™ by individual component? Is it more expensive to buy it by component?
You can buy whatever you need. We have a pricing structure for the complete suit or by component. The individual price of each component comes out to the exact dollar amount of the complete suit. So no matter how you buy it, you’ll pay exactly the same thing. To the penny.
4. What’s the difference between the Basic and the Elite Hoplite suits and how much are they?
The Hoplite Training Armour™ Basic is designed for hand to hand combat training. The Hoplite Training Gear™ Elite is essentially the same, but comes with the Armour Lock Hood helmet upgrade and is designed for use during scenarios or drills that incorporate training ammunition. The Basic is $1200. The Elite is $1300. Also, with the purchase of every retail-priced suit, we include a complimentary Spartan Training Gear duffle bag.
5. What is the Hoplite Training Armour™ made of?
The outer shell of the suit is constructed of leather, high-tenacity polyester, lycra and mesh. The inner core of the suit incorporates high-density foams and custom-molded plastic trauma plating.
This combination of materials, along with the suits bio-technological design, makes the Hoplite Training Armour™ some of the lightest, most versatile & best fitting Combat Training
6. What are some of the features and benefits of the Hoplite Training Armour™?
- Lightweight: Suit weighs approximately 10lbs head to toe
- Bio-technological engineering: Allows for uncompromised mobility and the best fit of any comparable suit
- Low-profile design: Will not distort proximity-sense and allows role-players to wear street clothing or duty gear over the suit which heightens sensory feedback and triggers authentic emotional responses
- Versatility: Can be integrated for use with any ‘system’ or martial arts ‘style’.
- Adaptability: Train and execute scenarios in any environment: elevators, prison cells, stairways & vehicles
- Improves combat confidence: create and execute scenarios, incorporate tactics from any ‘style’, train in any environment & incorporate dialogue during role-playing
- Custom injection-molded helmet visor: Guaranteed not to fog up under any conditions. Every Hoplite Helmet visor is custom injection-molded and hand coated with an anti-scratch coating on the outside and an anti-fog coating on the inside
- Training ammunition compliant: The Hoplite Helmet is the ultimate in close-quarter battle head protection and perfect for shoot/no shoot scenario training. It exceeds industry standards for safety and has been tested and approved for use with .38 cal, 9mm and 5.56mm marking cartridge rounds.
7. What’s the significance between the red and blue vests? Which am I supposed to buy?
The short answer is you can buy whichever one you like. The long answer is as follows: The Crimson Red Hoplite Vest is specifically coloured for instructors and teachers. The Greco Blue Hoplite Vest is coloured for students. Why the difference? So that the instructor/teacher can stand out from the group. In large groups, if everyone is wearing the same colour gear, there’s no way to tell who the ‘leader’ is. If students are wearing one colour and the instructors another, you never have that problem. It’s a simple solution to a common problem.
8. How does the sizing of the Hoplite Training Armour™ work?
Sizing for the Hoplite Training Armour™ is as follows. Keep in mind these measurements are approximative. If you are taller, shorter, thinner or heavier, we can accomodate that but may need to customize a suit using different sized components, (IE combining medium and large components). Also, because we get many inquiries from overseas, sizing is given in both imperial and metric.
– Medium (M)
Imperial: 5’4″ – 5’9″, 140lbs – 190lbs, 30in – 34in waist
Metric: 1.6m – 1.75m, 63kgs – 86kgs, 76cm – 86cm
– Large (L)
Imperial: 5’10″ – 6’2″, 190lbs – 240lbs, 35in – 39in waist
Metric: 1.77m – 1.87m, 86kgs – 108kgs, 88cm – 99cm waist
– Extra Large (XL)
Imperial: 6’2″ – 6’6″, 240lbs – 300lbs, 40in – 44in waist
Metric: 1.87m – 1.98m, 108kgs – 136kgs, 101cm – 111cm waist
9. How long does it take to gear up?
The Hoplite Training Armour™ takes less than 3 minutes to put on alone. For best results, put the components on in this order:
1. Hoplite Pant
2. Hoplite Shin/Knee
3. Hoplite Elbow/Forearm
4. Hoplite Gloves
5. Hoplite Collar
6. Hoplite Vest
7. Hoplite Helmet
10. How much is the shipping? Do you ship worldwide?
The shipping costs depend on a few factors. Primarily, where you are in the world and also what you’re ordering. Typically, a complete set of Hoplite Training Armour™ costs about $50 USD to ship within the continental US & Canada. We can ship anywhere in the world, but the rates will vary. We always compare multiple carriers to get you the best rate possible. We’ll contact you prior to shipping to advise you of the costs.
There will be a complete list of FAQs when our website goes live. Until then, if you have any questions, please contact:
CBO/Director of Business Development